There are a ton of things that you can do in NYC, depending on the season. Each one has something unique to offer – from the holiday markets in the Winter to the fireworks in the Summer, there’s much to do and much more to see in this beautiful city.
This guide was prepared by a local, to bring you the best and the most comprehensive information on the things that you can do in New York in the Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring – just pick your season below.
Also, here is a list of additional resources that New Yorkers often refer to score the best deals in town (and beyond):
- Time Out New York – a list of the most current events, concerts and shows.
- Broadway Box – great discounts to almost all of the major Broadway and off-Broadway shows.
- Groupon – amazing deals for local restaurants, fitness and spa treatments, electronics, flights and hotels, and much more.
- Eventbrite – a list of current and upcoming events – with tickets and discounts.
- Spa Week – package deals and discounts to numerous spas in New York.
- Goldstar – free membership club that offers huge discounts on various concerts, events, and shows.
- Open Table – an app and a website to make a reservation for a restaurant (very handy during a busy holiday).
- Thrillist – reviews of amazing bars and eateries in the city and beyond.
- I love NY – things to do in the New York State.
- JetBlue – the national, low-cost airline, should you want to escape the city for a weekend.
- Megabus, Greyhound – cheap bus tickets to Boston, Washington DC, Baltimore, Atlantic City, and many other destinations.
- Club Free Time – free things to do in New York City.
- Free Tours By Foot – free NYC walking tours, provided by a local guide.