Submit a Story – the Why and How:
The first thing you need to know:
There are TWO main sections: Local + Travel
The second thing you need to know: What will you get out of it?
Besides all the obvious benefits under each individual section – there will be additional incentives, such as:
- You will have a chance to be published in one of the volumes of our upcoming books: Global Storybook’s: “Local Stories”, “Food Recipes”, “Travel Stories”, and others.
- You will get a chance to be published in our future, all-inclusive, monthly magazine.
- We might share your post on our social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.), and in our upcoming app!
- Your post might be selected in our upcoming contests and nominations (for example: “Photo of the Week”, “Featured Story”, etc.)
- And finally, you will leave your footprint in the Global Storybook.
Now let’s take a look at both sections in more detail, to see what each one of them has to offer:
Local Section – it’s all about YOU and your country.
How much do we really know about each other – when we live in different countries and speak different languages? So, what would you tell a stranger that knows nothing about your country, traditions or its citizens? Would you let that person stay ignorant and believe stereotypes, or would you rather educate and share your story and knowledge so that they could learn the truth?
Why Submit Your Story?
- To inform others about your life, your culture, country and its people.
- To let your voice be heard, and let others learn directly from you – the local, instead of a ‘third-party interpreter’ (aka the media).
- To have your story shared and preserved for the future generations of people.
- To influence and empower others with knowledge.
- And finally – to help eliminate stereotypes and racism through the means of the above.
→ There are currently three local categories to which you can contribute:
Travel Section – it’s all about your adventures.
Whether you already have your own personal travel blog, or do not want to have one – there’s a benefit to sharing your story. If you do own a blog – you will gain exposure to a new, global audience through a publication on our website. And, if you do not have a personal blog – now you have a chance to share your experience in a travel post with someone who desperately needs to hear your story.
- To let others learn from your adventures (and misadventures).
- To share knowledge, advice, and your travel photos.
- To inspire others to get out there and travel more.
- To encourage others that want to follow in your ‘footsteps’ (especially when traveling solo, with a pet, going on expeditions, adventure trips, and more).
- And finally – to be part of one global network of like-minded travelers, and maybe even gain a friend or two.
→ There are currently three travel sections to which you can contribute:
General Section – share more.
If you want to share more – whether it is about your own country OR a foreign country of your choice, there are three additional sections to which you can contribute:
- Local Travel Tip: share a tip about your own country or a country that you’ve traveled to.
- Book Review: share a review of a book that you read about a particular country.
- Photos: share your photos (whether from a foreign or a local location), we want to see more!