Latest posts by Sara Provenzano (see all)
- Tiramisù: The Best Italian Dessert! - February 6, 2017
- A Quick Guide To The Italian Christmas Markets - December 5, 2016
- One Day In The Chianti: 5 Things To Do To Enjoy It! - October 12, 2016
Let me say, together with Pasta alla Carbonara, Pasta alla Checca is my best Pasta dish ever!
While Pasta alla Carbonara is a bit more “complicated”, Pasta alla Checca is just a child’s play.
When the summer heat becomes unbearable, here is a fragrant, fresh pasta dish. I would say it is a Roman classic but Neapolitans might say the same, as it is an example of Italy’s tradition of delicious uncooked summer sauces… but I actually eat it all year long!
Here is what your need for 4 people:
- 400 gr of Pasta (it could be Pasta Corta or Spaghetti);
- 350 gr of Cherry Tomatoes;
- 400 gr of Mozzarella (or less if you wish, and you can also choose Buffalo Mozzarella or Burrata);
- Fresh Basil Leaves (as you like);
- 2/3 table spoon of Olive Oil Extra Virgin;
- Salt (as you like!);
- if you wish you can add Olives (green or black) according to your tastes.
How to prepare the Pasta alla Checca:
- In a bowl, cut the Mozzella, the Tomatoes and melt together with salt, olive oil and basil;
- Cook the pasta in a plenty of lightly salted water;
- Drain the pasta and pour it into the bowl.
You can enjoy it hot, or put it in the fridge and eat it later.
But the day after… it will be simply deliciuous!